Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced crosswise
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp rice wine
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
4 large green onions, sliced crosswise
1. First, prepare the sauce by mixing together the cornstarch, water, rice wine, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, pepper and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or a large pan and sauté the garlic.
3. Add the beef in batches and stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until they are browned and done.
4. Pour the sauce mixture in the wok or pan. Stir and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes along with the meat until it thickens up. You can further reduce it to make it thicker or keep it thinner.
5. Add the green onions about a minute before turning the heat off.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice. Garnish with the green parts of the onion.